Thursday, October 27, 2011

Three Zero, baby.

Amidst this wonderful week of Halloween preparation, I'd like to take a moment to sit right down and tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel Air. Oh wait, that was DJ Jazzy Jeff, not me. Sorry, I sidetracked for a moment. But that was a good show wasn't it?! 

Anyway, I'm taking a break from the wonderment of the Fall season to go back and catch up on some fun events from summer. I just can't for the life of me figure out how to keep up with my blog. I'd love it to be all chronological and schtuff but it just aint. So backwards we go. There were just too many cute pictures from this event not to share. 

And what exactly WAS this event.....one might be asking. Well, someone turned 30. Someone just up and left her amazing youthful years of the 20somethings and landed smack in 30ville. And there was a party for it. Thank you to our lovely, awesome, amazing friends, Rob and Laura, who hosted the once in a lifetime event for us. No really. Thank you, you guys! I wish I had a picture of you two love birds but I didn't take one. The best I have is a picture of Rob's leg and hand, helping Chase down the steps. I will post that later. 

Here's my middle boy. He knows how to party and make people laugh. It's just hard not to get happy when you see this kid. 



Here's my crew. I like them. I'm gonna keep them. 

Lydia and Chase. Partners in crime. For life. 

Big brother J. wins!

Lydia. Always make me smile. I need to write her letter. She writes me letters all the time. And draws me the best pictures ever. I love that girl. 
Oscar!!! Oscar is gonna be a big brother!!! I'm just sayin. 
 
Little L-man. My sweet photographer turned friend, Heidi's littlest boy. She's gonna take our family pics this weekend. Wow.....good luck, girrrrl! We are quite a crew! 
A serious game of.....run away with the 

Ok, here's Rob!!! I guess a little more of his body made it in this shot. That's Rob helping Chase. He hosted the party with his lovely wife, Laura. We love those two. They love our boys. 

The back of my biggest bro. Clearly Beckett aint diggin what Aaron's got to say. 


Lots of kids playing.


Little R. man. Love those cheeks!

That's my big boy!

My awesome friend, Heidi. Also included is the blurred out cheek of my other awesome friend, Jenelle. Love my girls from my growth group!


My birthday cake.


Why yes......that sure is a girl in a bikini on my 30th birthday cake. My husband was responsible for this cake. That's all I'm sayin. 

So, all in all, the event was a success!  Lots of people asked me like how I was doing and stuff with turning 30. I don't know. I guess I liked it. I pretty much just plan for each decade to just get better and better. It sorta seems like 30 will be a cool age to me. Like I'm still young but I'm still not old? Right? Except that's probably not true for my teenage babysitters. They probably think we are really old. 

Anyway, I'm just counting my blessings that I have enjoyed 30 years on this earth. God has given me more than I could have imagined. 

No comments: