Thursday, June 24, 2010

I'm a lucky birthday girl....yet, it's not my birthday...yet.

If someone showed up at your door with this.....


You gotta love that. And I mean really love that. Like, if you follow my blog, you know HOW MUCHI love that! (if you don't follow, just go back and read away, you will find out what I'm talking about).

Seriously, isn't she the sweetest thing?



I mean, really......... who shows up at your door at 9pm with their arms outstretched, holding the creation they started making at 7 A.M. this morning? 7AM people!?

I don't even get out bed at 7AM when my kids are begging for breakfast,much less to start baking an intricate delicatessant for a friend. Wow, I'm wowed!

My girl Racie is a true friend with a huge giving heart. And it's usually something scrumsculescent from her kitchen. And I am so glad that God not only blessed her with the gift of caring for others but also one mean Betty Crocker gene. Trust me I have been the lucky beneficiary of many a meal/treat/dessert from that girls kitchen.

This was me, exuberantly shocked and happy at this gift I had just received.



Ok, that was a fake one, this was really me.



Thank you Racie! What a great way to spend my Birthday-Eve. You are a wonderful friend and I am inspired by your giving heart all the time!

This just makes me wonder what else could tomorrow bring?

4 comments:

Michelle H. said...

Too cute! I agree, she's pretty great! I need to have you guys over soon for a backyard fun playdate. Have a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

cassie said...

Wow..good work rachelle! That cake is awesome. Happy Birthday Shanny! Thanks for being the best friend anyone could ever have. It's pretty obvious how much everyone loves you! Have a great day!

Shannonheick said...

oh you guys!!!!! stop it! haaaa.

yes, michelle-let's do a backyard playdate! soon!

cassie-stop it stop it stop. no don't. heeeee.

Lindsay said...

Well happy belated birthday! That cake is awesome! I have a love/hate relationship with people who bring me nummy things! ;-)