Monday, January 25, 2010

6 Months

My Chasey-boy turned 6 months last week! I can barely believe that half a year has flown by before my eyes! I didn't quite get his little 6 month onsie on him for his pictures by he had something..rather someone else on him at the time! At 6 months Chase is sitting up like crazy. He loves sitting and watching Leighton play. In the process he may get pelted with random objects such as balls, trains, blocks,cars,books,monkeys, chew toys, colors, little people, puzzle pieces...ect. But hey, such is life as a little brother. He is babbling up a storm and doing all the things 6 month olds do. We started cereal a few weeks ago and does just fine with that. He isn't totally in love with it but hey, he swallows a few gobs here and there. At his 6 month appointment today he passed with flying colors. 17.4lbs. 26 inches. Head circumfrence in the 86th percentile. Not to shabby for a little slugger. His doc says go ahead and start veggies and then fruits shortly thereafter. I suppose we will go with the green ones first. Seems healthy to me. One of my blogger acquaintences posted about her success with making her own babyfood. Perhaps one day I will try that. And then you can call me Martha. Stewart that is. Or..would it be Rachel? Maybe it's neither. Just call me the coolest mom in the world and I think we have our bases covered.

So... all is well in baby world this month. Chase survived another month at the hand of his brother and the paws of his dog. As usual, I have pictures to prove it
.


6 comments:

cassie said...

great pics and adorable outfits. is that your white background thing you used??

Shannonheick said...

sure is cass! cant wait to come down for a visit!

Marlis said...

Loved your childrens' pics. Making DIY baby food is easy but here's a caveat... when i made it for my first born she would only eat those. So, when we traveled, and I needed the convenience of Gerber she would have none of that. My spoiled little missy turned her little nose up at it. I used Gerber with my second child. I had less time and it was more convenient. But go for the baby food making. It's easy. Freeze it in ice cube trays (about a 2 oz serving). Good luck. your children are lovely and your photography great!

Shannonheick said...

thanks for the tip, Marlis!!! i like the ice cube tray tip too! well....hopefully ones of these days i can give this a try!!!!

Susie B said...

Hey Shannon...I made all my baby food too...I never served my girls jar baby food not even one time...Basically if you can devote one sunday to it and then freeze, you are golden. And neither of my girls are picky eaters...I think homemade helps them deal with a variety of textures and flavors better. It is sooooo worth it! And try funky things too...we even did rutabaga

Shannonheick said...

that sounds fun susie B, we will def try it out. i'm sure i will photograph the adventure!