Thursday, July 2, 2009

Weekly Womb #36

Being pregnant is so dang much fun.

Except for that time when I was nausous for 17 weeks straight!

Oh yeah, and then there was NOW. When I can barely get out of bed without a catapault from Derrick.

And when people look at my belly and go "you're huge!" As if I hadn't noticed that.

Or when you start having "labor like" contractions in the middle of the night and totally freak out thinking you might be going into labor. But then you aren't totally sure. But then don't want to wait too long and miss the epidural. And then when it's all said and done and it wasn't really labor, you freak out at the fact that it really is going to happen sometime in the next month.

And it's gonna HURT!

Oh and on top of that, the next day, you tell your well meaning brother that he almost got a call in the middle of the night. And he says, "oh Shannon, don't worry, you will KNOW when it's real contractions." Really, Aaron? Really? I know you have had such a wealth of experience with being pregnant and childbirth that you must certainly KNOW just what it feels like to start to go into labor.

And then just because you don't like your doctor's stuck-up general attittude about life, you decide to switch doctors at the very last minute. And you hope the new one is really nice and actually listens. And you really hope you don't go into labor before you actually meet her because it might be a little akward having to meet her for the first time while the baby is literally sliding out.

Oh and Babycenter told me that the baby is 6lbs and 18 1/2 inches this week. And I know that by next week, baby's lungs are fully developed and is pretty much ready for the real world. The last three weeks are just a waiting and weight-gain game. So I'm just thinking that next week would be a great time to have this baby. I'd much rather birth a healthy 6lb'r rather than an 8-9lb'r. Call me selfish. Call me rude toward my baby. But it's just a matter of physics really.

So, there you have it. Week 36 almost done. Here's to meeting my new doctor next week. And here's to having a "super-healthy ready for the world" baby before 40 weeks we can get on with life and snuggle our new little peanut with a totally "unpregnant" body.


Dream on, Shannon. Dream on.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I couldn't have said it any better myself. And, only a preggo could change doctors after 36 weeks!! LOL - I hope you like your new one!!