Sunday, May 15, 2011

Blazin Beckett {The Prolouge}

Welcome to Beckett's Birth Story.  Told in sections becuase it will be way to long for me write in one post. Thought hat might bore you a bit. And I don't like to bore you.
...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
{The Prolouge}

So there I was.

Bent over the passenger seat of our Subaru. Rocking. Panting. Screaming at my husband to go through the D#*!N red light. Burning up and tearing my black maternity jacket off and whipping it into the back seat.

There my husband was. Staring straight ahead. Avoiding any eye contact with me at any cost.

(He had learned that a few hours earlier when he accidentally caught my eye while he was peeling what seemed like his third hard-boiled egg of the morning. All the while, I'm over by the couch crying and panting and rocking and whining in agony. The stare he got from me over that third egg, was not pleasant. I'm sure had our little boys not been in the room at the time, something would have flown across the room. But, I just glared and focused on my breath. And he figured out that he should just not look at me until we were at the hospital.)

And there they were. The poor older couple who pulled up next to us at the red light. Probably on their way to church. Peering across the lane, into our car with a horrified look. They must have been wondering what on earth was going on right there in the next lane. A lunatic of a woman, tearing her garments off and flailing about. If they could have seen the size of my belly, they would have known. But I'm pretty sure they couldn't see it. They were sitting too low in their sedan. Instead, they just looked in. Eyes as big as pancakes. Horrified, I'm sure.

My husband avoided eye contact with them as well.

Then the flippin light FINALLY turned green.

...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Stay tuned.....Chapter One: {The Preliminary Hours} is on the way.

In the meantime....enjoy a few little Beckett's Birthday Goodness photos. I'm sure he will love these when he's older.....I'm sure.

Gotta love that dark, curly hair.


And those ink-stained toes.


And those cheeks. I might eventually eat those cheeks.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Ooh im loving all these details i didn't know about..like derrick peeling eggs instead of massaging your lower back!!! Nice work derrick:)

Shannonheick said...

i know right!

really though he was smart to avoid me. he just knew not to come within 20 feet of me during those early morning hours. the little boys were the only ones who could get within arms length of me without being slapped!