Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Weekly Womb #28

Week 28 has quickly moved in and I am now officially in the third trimester. I really can't believe how fast this is going. Mind boggling really. My belly has taken a turn for the.....well.....let's just say larger. When I see my relfection through a large, dark window, I am shocked. Like.....really? This thing is gonna get bigger? I feel like I'm carrying this baby lower than the other two. It's definatly feeling more like the other two womb-boys in it's round-ness. But, my shelf just seems a bit lower. I'm sure it will move up because, well, it has to move somewhere right? Like, I know it will move out too but some of it will probably move up and encroach on my lung space and ribs and stuff. For now, I like it low. Stay low baby, stay low.

This week, the baby weighs in at about 2 1/4 pounds and measures almost 15 inches long. The baby can now blink his or her eyes and is even sportin some cute little eye-lashes. I totally heart eye-lashes so that is one neat-o development for the week.

In the mobility department I am beginning to feel the beginnings of the ever-so-lovely "beached whale"
phenomenon that some of you moms out there know just what I'm talking about. This phenomenon usually only occurs when one is in a laying, resting positing on the couch, in bed, or even in a side-laying position on the floor. And the phenomenon really only strikes when one must...well.....get up! And that is where the "beached whale" part sets in. Now, bear in mind I said the beginnings of this phenomenon so it's not like I'm laying there needing a marine-life rescue team to run in and roll me back into the ocean. But, but, but, I know that day is coming. And luckily, I have three fairly certified rescue team members right in my own house. Heck, even four if you count Maverick. Sometimes he can offer some pretty good leverage. 
For now, I'm lucky and can just let out a nice, deep grunt and rise to my feet. But I do know as this belly expands, I will soon be needing a bit of a boost. 

In the sleep department, I'm getting quite a bit more uncomfortable now and wake more often. My bladder has less space, thus more trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night, thus more moments of sheer terror when I realize that I need to try to get myself out of bed, due to earlier stated "beached whale phenomenon". Also, I'm starting to have little bouts of the ever-so-familiar "pregnancy-induced insomnia" where I lay awake thinking and thinking and thinking. Usually I roll myself out of bed and hop on the computer and write a blog or do some work during those times.

In the, "I need to be an active and alert mom for my two little boys 3 1/2 and under department", things are going quite well right now. And for that I am thankful. It seems that I have bounds of energy most of the time that I don't even know what to do with. So.....we do a lot of little boy activities. But we also do more mommy activities like staying organized, keeping the house clean in a timely fashion, painting stools, planning to paint the whole basement, and even some down-home cooking. For Valentines Day, which was crazy busy and fun, I made some pretty amazing BBQ Country-Style Spare Ribs with yummy cheesy hashbrown potatoes. And it was good! And just ask my husband....my meals are not always THAT good. Most of the time, they are just doable. And all that was in addition to playing and making Valentine cupcakes, sprinkling said Valentine cupcakes, delivering said Valentine cupcakes, making little Valentine baggies for said Valentine cupcakes, playing outside for an hour, publishing several blog posts for my husband, and numerous other activities. Don't get me wrong, there are still some days where I do take a nap during nap time but they are few and far between. Yay for energy!

So, for now.......I will settle into the last trimester of my LAST pregnancy and enjoy all the fun and weight-gain that's about to happen. And, I think I will just try to avoid laying down all together. 

No comments: