Friday, October 1, 2010

Fridays on Faith



2 Samuel 22:29
29 You are my lamp, O LORD; the LORD turns my darkness into light.


I love this photo. I love how the light penetrates the dark. I love how this so fittingly represents the saving Grace of God. Leading us out of our darkness.

Darkness can be a lot of things. Darkness can be a lost, searching soul trying to fill the void with whatever works at the time, but ultimately always coming up void. Darkness can be one losing everything. Darkness can be financial strain. Darkness can be a splintered family. Darkness can be the death of someone close. Darkness can be a failing marriage.Darkness can be someone who says they are a "christian" but feels no connection to that and has never had an encounter with HIM. Darkness can be an illness.

For me, my darkness came in the form of illness, just a few months after my youngest was born. An illness that slapped me in the face and promised to destroy my normal, active, happy life with my husband and little boys. An illness for which I was warned by my now fired doctors that I would NEVER get better. That I would end up in a wheelchair. That I would not be able to take care of my children. That was my darkness. Filled with real, physical pain all over my body AND real, heart-quenching pain, deep in my soul. The pain where fear lives.

Light is the polar opposite. What darkness steals, Light restores. Where darkness breeds fear, Light breeds hope. Where darkness promises certain devestation, Light promises true victory.


When you are in the darkness.....and this I promise, almost all of us will be in some sort of darkness in our lives. When you are there, you won't see it.

The Light.

But you must look for it. You must pray for it. You must believe that the Light will restore you. You must blindly go forward and risk looking like a fool.

My doctors called it denial when I told them I believed I would get better. I will get into the story about my doctors some day soon on my blog. For now, this will suffice. The bottom line is, many people, things, thoughts, the Devil will whisper in your ear that YOU ARE CRAZY. That you will not survive through this. That you will not be happy again. That you will not be restored.

But there is only one voice you must listen intently for. One voice that you must ask, pray, petition to hear. There is only one voice that really matter. The voice who formed the Light. The voice who demands the light where to shine. The voice who is the Light.

The bible declares this truth, "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. Matt 7:7

So, go ahead. Ask. and then Believe. And then watch the Light meet the dark. THIS is where the healing begins.

No comments: