Friday, September 10, 2010

Fridays On Faith

Welcome to my new Friday's On Faith posting. Why Fridays On Faith? Why add such a thing to my blog?
Well,

a. because it's my blog and I can.
b. because my faith and relationship with Jesus mean the world to me.
c. because God has rescued me from something terrible and i'll share a bit on that down the road
d. because i have come across people in my life who might want to hear more about all this stuff.
e. because i am not even close to perfect in my faith, nor do i have all the answers, but writing about it seems logical to me.

So, this first posting will start with one of my favorite songs right now. I have many. This is just ONE of them.


Here are the lyrics:

From the Birds that Sing, In the Tallest Trees.
To the Human Life, of you and me.
From the Desert Sands, to the place we stand.
He is God of All, He is Everything.

Waohhh

I'm giving my life to the only one who makes the Moon reflect the sun.
Every Starry Night, that was His design.
I'm giving my life to the only son, who was and is and yet to come
Let the praises ring, 'cause he is everything
'Cause he is everything

From the Autumn Leaves, that will ride the breeze
To the Faith it takes, to pray and sing
From the Painted sky, to my plank filled eye
He is God of all, He is everything

Waohhh

I'm giving my life to the only one who makes the Moon reflect the sun.
Every Starry Night, that was His design.
I'm giving my life to the only son, who was and is and yet to come
Let the praises ring, 'cause he is everything.

Ohhhhhhh (everything)



I love where Chris writes, "from the faith it takes, to pray and sing". It takes a ton of faith to be a christian, or a follower or Christ, or to say, "ok, i'm giving my life to him". Those things are HARD things to do for most people. There are so many questions and so many interpretations of those answers from the bible. I love the bible and have found it to be a roadmap for me. But many people doubt it, question it, don't understand how it can be. And I don't always understand parts of it either.
The bottom line is faith. When you ask God to show up in your life , he shows up. And when you experience THAT-faith becomes a lot easier.

Cory ten Boom once said.....
"You don't know Jesus is all you need, until Jesus is all you have".

This is so true.

No comments: