Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Potty Platoon

Let me tell you all this. Potty training is not for the faint of heart! This has to be one of the most difficult parenting jobs there is. We are still at it on Day 3. Our first day was just an introduction day for Leighton. Yesterday, we had three successful pees in the potty! That was pretty exciting. When he finally peed in the potty for the first time, in the morning on Day 2, I don't think I have ever had a more excited/prouder moment. It really is a roller coaster because then after several non-potty pees around the house the excitement quickly switches to uncertainty of the boy's readiness. And then we got another potty pee in the afternoon and another before bed. And boy do those moments keep me motivated.

At almost 20 months old, we have embarked on "early potty training". Mostly because we have felt he was ready(telling us when he poops and pees in his diaper,having extended periods of dry diaper time, watching us use the toilet, helping us flush, and being well-acquainted with his little potty), combined with some research on the topic that has led me to believe it was worth a shot or a test-run. So, we are in the middle of a test-run. And I'm not sure what to tell you. He has peed in the potty 4 times so I am thinking that means something. But, again, I'm not sure that he is totally getting it yet. Either way, I am committing myself to doing this through the end of the week before we determine if we should keep going or give it rest for a few more months.

On the bright side of things, I have some awfully cute (and I mean CUTE) pictures of my little guy running around the house with just his shirt, some thigh high socks and his cute little,bare butt hanging out. For his sake though, I won't be sharing them here. My husband kindly reminded me that these posts do not go away and we may have to answer for these to Leighton when he is older. So, just for you, honey, I will keep them safely tucked away on our hard-drive. Trust me though, they are really adorable photos! Stay tuned for many more potty posts!

No comments: