Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Mom Minute

I have a confession to make. Brace yourself. One day last week, I had a series of three sessions in a row. On my way to the second session, my client called and cancelled that session. So, there I was in my car with an hour of free time (before my next session). So...I had a few choices of what to do with my time.

Choice 1-go back to the office and work on paperwork.Let's call this the wise choice.
Choice 2- run to Target and do the errand I told my husband I would do before I got home from work. Let's call this the responsible choice.

Now let me tell you about Choice 3. I really like choice 3. It just came to me while I was driving. It's called the Mom Minute. I just happened to multiply mine by 60. Let me tell you my Mom Minute. It involved me.ALL BY MYSELF. Barnes and Nobel. An amazing, piping hot White Chocolate Mocha, Vanilla Latte in my hand. Sitting in a comfy chair reading about photography and light. I loved every minute of my "Mom Minute" that day. Was it wise? Was it responsible? No, it was neither wise or responsible. It was perfect. So, what's your Mom Minute? Have you had one, or 60 lately? I highly encourage you to take one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shannon...I love how you write your thoughts out. Sometimes those "Mom Minutes" help me do the wise or responsible things and with a better attitude b/c I've had my "Mom Minute" -- great job taking yours!! Sounds wonderful!! : ) Michelle

Valerie said...

I haven't had a mom minute in quite a awhile, but I'm hoping there is a certain auntie to my sweet children who could help me out with that. hint, hint!