Sunday, June 14, 2009

Suprise!

Back to the camping trip that I told you about last week. The weather was beautiful. We were spending time with family.

And we were looking at pretty summer sights like this.

Photobucket

And then we woke up and looked out our camper and saw this.

Photobucket

We rubbed our eyes a little bit and refocused to make sure it was true. I mean it is June and everything. The month where we kick off summer.

Sure enough, it was snow! Somewhere around 3 inches of it fell while we packed our bags for home. Sniff, sniff.

Photobucket

Luckily, we had a back-up plan and threw a really delightful suprise birthday party for my mother-in-law. She was pretty happy I think!

Photobucket


Photobucket

1 comment:

Gamma and Gampa said...

What a birthday! Surprise snow on saturday and a fun party on Sunday. I love all you guys. Thanks for being there to celebrate with me. I'm anxious to see all the other pictures you took. It is really nice to have a photographer in the family. Have a good week......Love gamma, aka mom, aka Laurie.

No matter the weather, the time we share is the most important. This camping week-end will be remembered and talked about all our lives because of the snow and Leighton getting up and saying "outside".
Thanks for a very fun, eventful,and rememberable week-end. Gampa