Saturday, February 7, 2009

Insomniac Theater-Pregnancy Style

Being that my pregnancy insomnia is in full-swing tonight...errrr...this morning (5:30am now, been up since 3am), I figured I would do a pregnancy update post. I am almost to the end of my 15th week and had my second appointment this last week. The baby seems to be doing great. I love hearing that heartbeat. Although, at my doctor's office, the heartbeat thingy also picks up a Christian radio station so we can always hear voices and music, along with the heartbeat. It's a little distracting but hey, at least the baby picked an acceptable station and it's not some nasty music with swearing and booty talk!

Physically, I am doing a tad bit better. I think the constant nausea is becoming less constant. Late afternoons and evenings still tend to be a little worse but we are making it. I say "we" because I have a husband who claims that it's just as bad living with a pregnant, nauseous woman as it is to actually be nauseous. That was a risky statement! One thing my husband is extremely careful about is my weight/size of my belly. Smart man he is. I am feeling pretty fat already and I have zero clothes to wear. I'm just about into my old maternity pants already but not quite there yet. So, that makes life interesting....to put it nicely. I will do a belly photo soon. It's big and it's not the cute little basketball belly I had before. Trust me. This is why I have been putting it off.

Back to the little apple of my eye living in my belly. I say apple because that is just what size my little fruit baby is this week. About 4 inches long and 2 1/2 oz.And although baby's eyelids are still fused shut, he or she can respond to light and will likely turn away if we shine a flashlight at my belly. Also, baby has learned to suck it's thumb in the last few weeks. Or....if the baby is anything like me, she will use her thumb as a microphone , come bursting out of her bedroom closet, and perform Reba McIntire concerts for all her friends, when she is in junior high. And for the most exciting stuff of the week, I felt a for sure baby movement tonight actually. While I was laying in bed wide awake around 3am. And that feeling, my friends, totally makes insomnia worth it!


p.s. here she is ladies and gentleman. this was the cd i used to perform on a regular basis.



My biggest fans were my three best friends, Sarah, Melissa and Chissy. They were always requesting concerts and especially loved when I turned the lights down and jumped out of my closet at the beginning of the song. Thanks for all your support girls- I couldn't have done it without you! I have say though, my most shining moment may have been in the 8th grade. I performed a full-blown Reba concert (hairbrush and all) for my brand new boyfriend, Cory. I think he was blown away! Literally. We broke up shortly after that.

2 comments:

Michelle H. said...

Not sure if I should admit this...but I TOTALLY used to sing and dance to that CD as well! It was a great CD for that very purpose!! I hope you get to take a nap today you early bird. :)

Shannonheick said...

In that case, Michelle, we could probably team up to sing on her duets album! Haaa.