Saturday, May 10, 2008

Bird Watch

Derrick was home for lunch on Friday. We were happy to have some descent weather and to have the breeze blowing in off the deck. We could even hear the bird's chirping. More like squawking. We didn't think much of it. After all, it's spring and they are very busy. Or, are they just really overjoyed that winter might be gone?

Enter: this sweet little lady pictured below. She is really enjoying our deck on this beautiful Friday morning. She really seems to come and go alot. Maybe she thinks that our deck torch is really a bird feeder? Poor thing. I'm just not sure why she has taken such a liking to our deck?

Anyway, it's time to get back to our day. Short discussion about what we should have for supper. Hot dogs on the grill- yummmm. Derrick heads back to work to finish off his day. Leighton is off to daycare for a few hours while I do a couple of appointments. On the way out the door, I do hear some clanging on our deck but I'm sure it's nothing..........



So, Derrick picks up Leighton and gets home shortly before me. Derrick calls and says, I have something to show you when you get here. Hmmmm....my curiosity is peaked.

I guess our sweet little deck visitor was not looking for food at all! So much for juicy grilled hot dogs tonight!

No comments: